SOCIAL MEDIA

7.28.2017

Five on Friday: Vol. 3

Happy Fri-yay! Yesterday was technically my Friday because of the flex hours I'm working, but that doesn't make today any less exciting. I'm finishing up packing and getting ready to move into my apartment- which I pick up the keys for this evening! Other than that, I'm enjoying time with Harrison. We're planning on going to see Dunkirk tonight after stopping by the apartment, so we'll see how that is! Enough chit-chat- here are five things I'm loving this week!

ONE // What the Health Rebuttal

This article from Animal Ag Engage does a good job of debunking claims about food products using scientific research. What the Health is a 2017 documentary that critiques the consumption of meat and dairy products and promotes a plant-based diet. A lot of the claims made by the film are lacking in supporting data. As agriculturalists, we need to be able to support ourselves against claims such as these and stand against propaganda that puts fear and worries of the quality of the food we are producing into consumers minds.

TWO // Morehead City

Harrison and I are going on a day-date to the Crystal Coast this weekend and Morehead City will definitely be one of our stops. The town (misleading name!) is built on fishing and is full of coastal charm. Our State Magazine captures the city well in their latest "City Portrait."

THREE // Best of NC Map

I created a Google map of places I've covered in my posts about North Carolina! It will be continuously updated as I blog about my favorite places and spots in NC. You can find the map here and you can read about my NC travels here!

FOUR // What is Your Skin Undertone?

Photo courtesy of Politics of Pretty
I've been interested in learning a little bit more about makeup lately (my routine is very low maintenance and will most likely stay that way), and one of the things I was never sure of was what my skin tone/undertones is/are. I've determined that I have cool undertones, although I think they lean towards the neutral side based on what I've read. I actually determined it by the color of the makeup that I was matched to by Estee Lauder, but this article, by Politics of Pretty, helped a lot, too!

FIVE // Barrington Gifts St. Anne Tote

I started seeing these totes all over Instagram and blogs recently and I love them! They have been around for a while, and it shows in their classic style. My Kate Spade tote has been great for the past two years or so, but I've been in the market for something new. The St. Anne tote just might be my next big purchase! There are tons of patterns, prints, and colors to choose from, which makes for a difficult decision on my part. The shape and size are exactly what I've been looking for, too.

What are you're weekend plans?

No comments :

Post a Comment