8.04.2016

101 in 1001 Update #1

Wow, there are a lot of 1's in that title! I decided that each month I'll do a recap of how I'm coming along on my 101 in 1001 list! It hasn't been a full month yet (I started on July 14th), but doing it at the beginning of each month will help keep me accountable... plus I was just really excited to recap what I've done so far!

I've started on/completed 6 of my goals already, which is really shocking to me! It seems like so many, but in the grand scheme of things, I still have 95 more to go. I'm excited and even though I know some of them will be more difficult to achieve, I'm going to have fun trying!


COMPLETED
1. Create a list of 101 things! | I know this one was cheating a little bit, but I wanted at least one that I could cross off easily to get me rolling! (7/14/16)

4. Get a puppy! | I honestly wasn't expecting to get this one done so quickly! I've been wanting a dog for a while now and was really itching to get one senior year of college. I'll write more on her later, but the stars aligned and I am now the owner of a beautiful little Beagle named Sailor! (7/23/16)



92. Make a video of a trip I take | This one was a lot of fun. After seeing Carly's Ireland video, I knew I wanted to do one myself. I decided that the trip to Charleston I took with three friends would be perfect to try. I used my old digital camera to film, and even though the quality isn't great, I thought it was a cool little recap of things we saw and did! I'll post the video when I recap the trip soon! (Charleston 7/29-31/16)

IN PROGRESS
53. Go to 10 concerts | I'm a fifth of the way done with this one, thanks to my adventurous friends who are always willing to do things! I've been to Dierks Bently and Gwen Stefani since starting this list! Dierks was INCREDIBLE and Gwen Stefani was a TON of fun! Sam graciously got us VIP tickets, so we sat in a box and I don't think anyone had more fun with it than the boys did! (Fun fact: Gwen Stefani and Akon were my first concert in 2006!) (Dierks Bently 7/22/16, Gwen Stefani 7/24/16)



71. Try 10 new restaurants in Raleigh | This is definitely going to be one of my favorites to complete... Harrison and I went to Raleigh Times and it was really good! I had friends that went there for drinks on their 21st birthdays and they had said good things about it. I got a pulled pork burrito and I'll give it 2 thumbs up! (Raleigh Times 8/2/16)

87. Visit Charleston (again), Dallas, Boston, Destin, Nashville, and New Orleans | As I mentioned before, I went to Charleston recently with Harrison, Anthony, and Sam! It is one of my absolute favorite cities and I was so excited to get back for a little weekend getaway. I'm so excited to try and check off some other cities on this list! I've been to Nashville (briefly) and Fort Worth (a suburb of Dallas), but I want to explore them further! (Charleston 7/29-31/16)



xx Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment