3.29.2016

How Do You Want to be Remembered?

One hundred years from now, what do you want people to think of when they hear your name? What stories do you want your grandchildren to be told about you?

I want to be remembered as a girl who had a good heart, who was soft but strong. Someone who was honest and straightforward and unapologetic for who I am. Someone who was always up for coffee with a friend and who would be there in a moment's notice to do anything for anyone. I want to be known as a person who was compassionate and kind, the kind of person you think of and say, "I saw Jesus in her." I want to have fire in my soul and grace in my heart, a go-getter, reliable, someone who always got the job done. I want to be remembered as a girl who wasn't afraid to love and who loved with all my heart when I did, despite being afraid of not being loved back. I want to be remembered as a supportive sister, a role model, a loving, respectful daughter, and one day as an incredible wife and mother. I pray that I will be known as someone who led others towards Christ, who always exemplified the love of Jesus, and constantly worked on her faith and relationship with God. I want to be remembered as a lover of photographs and quotes, of beagles and agriculture and Charleston. Of my friends and family and Jesus and life in general.

Whether you go on to have your name in history books or not, you will leave behind a legacy. What do you want yours to look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment